Annual Town Meeting will be held Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 6:00pm at Smith Hokanson Memorial Hall (Vinalhaven School Auditorium).
Attending Annual Town Meeting – General Guidelines
- Has the right to set a time limit for comments
- Will not entertain public comment about specific individuals
If you wish to speak
- Wait until the Moderator has opened the floor to public comments.
- When the Moderator has recognized you, be prepared to state your business in a brief and concise manner. Stand, state your name for the record, the agenda item and nature of your business.
Expectations of the speaker
- Please refrain from discussion on the article if you have a conflict of interest in any article.
- During a Public Meeting, only the subject matter can be discussed.
- Comments should always be courteous.
- Personal and accusatory comments are out of order.
- Profanity, disorderly language or gestures at meetings are prohibited.
- At no time will the public be allowed to argue, debate or introduce a topic that is not on the agenda.
- During discussion, the audience shall not disturb the proceedings by whispering, talking or other distractions.
Casting your vote
- You will indicate your position by raising your hand upon request from the moderator
- Keep your hand up until it is indicated that it may be lowered
Please Direct Town Meeting questions to either Town Clerk, Darlene Candage (207) 863-4343
or Interim Town Manager, Marjorie Strattton (207) 863-2042