Certificate of Compliance

GuidelinesTable showing various options for travelers to either quarantine or to get tested.
Beginning June 26, there will be two options for visitors coming to Maine from other states:
  1. getting a recent negative COVID-19 test, or  
  2. quarantining for 14-days upon arrival.

Visitors from NH and VT are exempt from these requirements effective immediately.

Download the COVID-19 Prevention Guide for Travelers to the Island.

Learn more about Testing.

People staying in rental lodging who are not ME, NH, or VT residents must sign a Certificate of Compliance indicating either that
  1. they have received a negative COVID-19 test result OR
  2. that they will quarantine for 14 days OR
  3. that they have already completed their quarantine in Maine. 
Certificates of Compliance are available upon registering with your rental lodging.
If a ME resident visits NH or VT, they are not required to quarantine upon returning to ME, effective immediately. However, if they visit elsewhere, they must quarantine for 14 days or use a negative test as an alternative.
Seasonal homeowners, workers traveling to the island, and other visitors may also use a recent negative COVID-19 test as an alternative to the required 14-day quarantine in Maine effective immediately.  
For the safety of the community, the Public Health Team asks that anyone coming to the island from out-of-state who will not be completeing a Certificate of Compliance at a rental establishment, complete and submit one with the Town. 
1 per household or, if you prefer, 1 per person. People under the age of 18 are not required to complete the form.
Prior to or upon arraival, return completed certificates to the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) via
Town of Vinalhaven EOC
19 Washington School Rd
Vinalhaven, ME 04863
or fax:
(207) 863-4393
For your convenience, may also complete and submit the Certificate of Compliance for the Town using this 
If you are renting lodging during your stay, using the online form will not exempt you from completing a certificate when you register with your place of lodging.